Freitag, 22. April 2016


Tiana Maros Spring Term 2016 Design History

Interior Design

When considering my example pictures for Interior Design and Architecture i could have made a futuristic selection on things that i found visually pleasing but to be honest, i do not want to live in bright, big'n'empty, edgy and futuristic spaces.
My love in personal living taste lies in the rustic world of wooden pillars and floors, brick walls and giant Glass Fronts - not to mention all the plants and lights i'd decor the apartment in.
I prefer leveled floors to separate the living space over the use of walls- it gives the apartment a bigger look and invites more light into the home. Also this way you can give your place a more unified look.

Actor Gerard Butler worked with architect Alexander Gorlin and Film designer Elvis Restaino on his 3,300-square-foot loft in Manhattan. 2010


What i do not like about this apartment however is the fact that the main light sources come from the ceiling. I prefer My light to be warmer and to be installed on walls or the floor.


Donny's Bar was designed by Sydney studio Luchetti Krelle. The Bar is Located in Manly, Australia. Opened in 2014.


I find it very funny that both of my examples are designed for men. In fact, the wall paint i have used for my apartment is called "Mencave" (A very comfy brown)


Architecture

My building taste ranges from super modern cubes, fairy tale cottages to hobbit style caves. Additionally if i can build my house on a tree, i know i  would have won the jackpot. I love the contrast of sci fi with green, mossy nature! Ecologically sustainable houses are a must for me.

Untitled building by Alejandro Paz and Paz Arquitectura Studios in Santa Rosalia (Guatemala), built in 2011.


Take notice of the mix between stone plates and wooden plates on the walls. Also the entrance is on the top floor and can only be reached by a bridge (i love that concept!). Not to mention those big walls made of glass!

Example of leveled floor interior design:

I see only one downside on this concept: A vacuum cleaner on ever single floor! 


Simon Dale House by Simon Dale in Wales, completed in 2010, straw bale, wood and stone.
Simon built this house by hand with his father and also published a manual on how to do it yourself on his website http://www.simondale.net.


I simply love the concept of building a house with the help of nature only. This would be my type of weekend house to visit with my family when wanting to run away from grey city scapes.



Fashion

I like old fashioned clothing from Jane Austen times, Victorian times, even older times! I like my Vikings, my barbarians, vagabonds, gipsies, amazons, warriors from all kinds of cultures and times... Then lets take a break after the 60s to 2010 and go into concept ideas of fashion on the near or distant future which would include 3D printed clothing, ancient inspired fashion and super sci-fi trends!


Jean Paul Gaultier, Untitled, Spring Collection 2010

I would love every woman to be dressed like this because there is nothing cooler than a woman dressed like a warrior. The blue textile is a very nice contrast in terms of simple cut next to the intricate design of the armor designed jewerely.


DEMOBAZA, Cardigan Wrap Ashtar W, detailed asymmetric longsleeve hooded cardigan, no date found, Bulgaria


DEMOBAZA, Jacket Outlaw, smooth, detailed, neoprene, asymmetric jacket 


Demobaza gives Artdirectors for Post Apocalypse movies and games exactly what they want.  If i had enough money to wear this, i would (The Cardigan costs 520$).
I can also see this used for the next Star Wars Movie!


Graphic Design

Design wise i love when geometrics meet chaos. I think that this rule is bound to look esthetically pleasing to the eye no matter on what medium you apply it. Therefore i decided to use a conventional and less conventional example. Also Out Of The Box Thinking is super important for good design.


Instricate Laser Cut Black Business Card by Smriti Kariwal, India, 2014.




Tattoo by French Tattoo Artist Xoil, in France. Date Unknown. Design Constructed in Photoshop




Product Design

I never paid much attention to Product Design unless i was about to buy my next iPhone. 
So, i decided to take a look at movie props and decorative Art that i like.

Time turner (Harry Potter Movie) Design By Minalima Studios, London, Date Unknown

The time turner is simply a work of art. Every single of these golden circles is turnable. The necklace is used in the story to get the user into the past by turning the sand clock. When this happenes, the charm obviously changes its form and has this surprising effect of new beauty over and over from any perspective, every turn of the sand clock!



Georgia Heald, Scrapbook, Australia, 2014


I cant explain why an overload page with junk and colors is appealing to me. It might have to do something with the fact that ordinary objects combined in a certain manner can become art - that sounds very pro Conceptual, especially from me!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen